Effective July 1, 2016
Last updated November 5, 2018
Our policies and practices have been put in place to comply with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and any provincial privacy legislation.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is virtually any information about an individual that is recorded in any form. However, information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- Public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed
- Professional and business information contained in directories or business cards available to the public
- Certain public registries and court records
- Certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications
Our commitment to your privacy is based upon the following privacy principles:
Timeshell is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. We have designated and trained employees who are accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles.
- We will let you know why we collect your personal information
Timeshell will identify the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We will do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected.
- We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information.
- We will limit collection of your personal information
Timeshell collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. Timeshell will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
- Communicating with you generally.
- Processing your orders.
- Processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you.
- Preventing fraud or error.
- Providing product and services requested by you.
- Recommending products and services that Timeshell believes will be of interest and provide value to you.
- To comply with legal and governmental requirements.
- We will limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information
Timeshell uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected. Timeshell does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organizations. Timeshell retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
Timeshell uses traffic monitoring tools provided by Google webmaster and advertising services. Traffic information from visitors to Timeshell websites may be recorded by these services.
- We will keep your personal information up-to-date and accurate
Timeshell keeps your personal information which you provide to us up-to-date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In situations where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus). To access your personal information, refer to the "How to contact us" section below.
- We will keep your personal information secure
We take all appropriate steps to keep your personal information secure, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- Physical security measures - restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets
- Electronic security measures - for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and anonymous personal identification numbers
- Organizational security measures - such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals
- Contractual security measures - obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
- We will provide you access to your personal information stored by Timeshell
You can request access to your personal information stored by Timeshell. To contact us, refer to the "How to contact us" section below.
Upon receiving such a request, Timeshell will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify its accuracy and request changes to the information
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
- We will respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy
reCAPTCHA Terms of Service
You acknowledge and understand that the reCAPTCHA API works by collecting hardware and software information, such as device and application data and the results of integrity checks, and sending that data to Google for analysis. Pursuant to Section 3(d) of the Google APIs Terms of Service, you agree that if you use the APIs that it is your responsibility to provide any necessary notices or consents for the collection and sharing of this data with Google. For users in the European Union, you and your API Client(s) must comply with the EU User Consent Policy currently located at http://www.google.com/about/company/user-consent-policy.html.
Timeshell will respond in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
How to contact us
- By telephone to Timeshell Customer Relations at (289) 436-2020
- by mail to Timeshell Customer Relations, 104-19 Elgin St N, Port Hope, Ontario, L1A 2L8